VOLUMES 4, 5, 6, are part of a larger opus, respectively:
K.U.K. FELDPOST 1914-1918 SPECIALISED CATALOGUE (3.272 pages)
9 Volumes issued, as follows:
2013: Volumes 1,2 (1006 pages): - THE KuK FELDPOST CARDS
(see details at kukfeldpost.yolasite.com)
2017: Volume 3 (292 pages) - OTHER POSTAL OBJECTS
(see details at kukfeldpost.yolasite.com)
2016: Volumes 4, 5, 6 (998 pages) : THE FIELDPOST OFFICE CANCELS (see details below)
2019: Volumes 7, 8, 9 (1.268 pages): THE KuK KRIEGSMARINE
(please contact me for details on Volumes 7, 8, 9)
Volume 7: The Adriatic Sea, Part 1
(Battleships, Cruisers, Destroyers, Torpeodoboats, Submarines)
Volume 8: The Adriatic Sea, Part 2
(Auxiliary vessels; Requisitioned vessels;
Special Flotillas; Experimental vessels; Other Adriatic Sea vessels)
Volume 9: Local Flotillas
- The Danube Flotilla
- The Black Sea
- River Flotillas (The Vistula, The Western Bug, The Dniester, Other river flotillas;
- Lake Flotillas (Constanz / Bodensee, Garda, Ochrid, Skutari)
K.U.K. FELDPOST 1914-1918 - FIELD POST OFFICE CANCELS
- SPECIALISED CATALOGUE-
by OCTAVIAN TABACARU
(issued 29 MAY 2016)
is the continuation of the "K.u.K. FELDPOST" MAIL 1914-1918 CATALOGUE issued in November 2013, ( 2 volumes)
awarded THE LARGE GOLD medal plus THE SPECIAL PRIZE FOR PHILATELIC LITERATURE
at the 2014 International Philatelic Exhibition in Debrecen (April 2014)
awarded the LARGE VERMEIL medal at EUROPHILEX - LONDON 2015 (FIS, FEPA) (6-13 May, 2015).
Both the 2013 and the 2016 Catalogues make a series of philatelic catalogues
on the K.u.k. (Austro-Hungarian force) feldpost mail of WW 1.
awarded the LARGE VERMEIL medal at WSC ISRAEL 2018 exhibition (27-31 May 2018) (FIP)
completed with VOLUME 3, issued in May 2017.
You may find out more about Volumes 1-2-3 at the address kukfeldpost.yolasite.com
The 2016 catalogue: 3 volumes, format B5 (25 x 17.5 cm) The map (extended A3 format, 48 x 33 cm)
STILL AVAILABLE: -2- setS. .
K.u.k. FELDPOST 1914-1918, FIELD POST OFFICE CANCELS - SPECIAL CATALOGUE
is the sequel of the "K.u.K. FELDPOST" MAIL 1914-1918 CATALOGUE” issued in 2013 (vol 1 & 2), and consists of:
- three volumes (vol 4, 5 and 6) - 998 pages, in full colours; - format B5 (25 x 17.5 cm) -
- one map - extended A3 format (48 x 33 cm).
- two other optional elements, please see details below;
Please note that the catalogue weighs almost 2 kilos (i.e. 4 pounds) and is printed on good quality paper (min. 80 grams/ sq.m.) in full colours that would not let the printing on one side be visible on the other side. The lot also comprises book signs for each volume and the above illustrated map which is the reprint of an original map issued in 1894 by the Kuk Army, where I have added a second summarizing map plus a table detailing on the location of each Army Corps and Regiments recruiting areas throughout the empire. This will help a collector to identify his territorial interest area or gain an educated image on the Army units.
You may order your copy ON PAPER OR ON A MEMORY STICK - or both (according to the choices detailed at the bottom of this page, look for the green background area) by clicking on one of the buttons below, according to your location and preferred option:
- CHOICES 1-3 refer to the purchase of the 2016 catalogue (on paper or/and memory stick)
- CHOICES 4-6 refer to the purchase of both catalogues (2013 and 2016, on paper or/and memory stick).
- CHOICE 7 comprises both catalogues plus the two optionals (Collector's Inventory Booklet and the ca. 8,000 images).
The TOTAL comprises the cost of the ordered goods PLUS the postage & packing costs, according to destination and weight.
IF YOU CHOOSE TO PAY BY PAYPAL, 8 % EXTRA WILL BE DUE FOR PAYPAL FEES PLUS INTERBANKING COSTS.
PLEASE NOTE THAT THE FEES ARE NOT COMPRISED IN THE TOTAL,
ALTERNATIVELY, TRANSFER INTO MY IBAN ACCOUNT IS POSSIBLE, no extra fees.
Wester Union acceptable as well.
Here are a few useful details on the catalogue:
Printing date: 29 MAY 2016 - a total of 50 copies printed.
1- Author: OCTAVIAN TĂBĂCARU (Prof. Ing.)
2- title: K.u.K. FELDPOST 1914-1918 - FIELD POST OFFICE CANCELS - SPECIAL CATALOGUE
- VOLUME 4 (406 pages) - PART I: NUMBER FIELD POST OFFICES, - FPO 2 - 300
- VOLUME 5 (406 pages) - PART I: NUMBER FIELD POST OFFICES, - FPO 301 - 1200
- VOLUME 6 (186 pages) - PART II: OTHER FIELD POST OFFICES, as follows:
Chapter 2 - The field post in Bosnia-Herzegovina (1914-1918)
Chapter 3 - The occupation field post offices (Albania, Italy, Montenegro, Poland, Romania, Serbia, the Sandjak of Novi Pazar plus Ukraine & Russia).
Chapter 4 - The collecting and the sorting offices (stationary and ambulant)
Chapter 5 - POW and internee camps and stations
Chapter 6 - Other cancels / cachets (War exhibitions, Red Cross, air mail, etc)
SUPPLEMENT 1: the list of the B-H postal agencies (POST ABLAGE) opened from 1907 to 1918
SUPPLEMENT 2: The Hungarian Communist Army fieldpost cancels.
(the May - July 1919 local war against Romania and Czechoslovakia)
SUPPLEMENT 3: The postal service in the Hospital Trains.
SUPPLEMENT 4: Orders and medals of the Austro-Hungarian empire.
(All the supplements are already comprised in the catalogue itself).
Weight - ca 2 kilos ( ca. 4 lb.)
A Few Details:
Title: K.u.k. FELDPOST 1914-1918, FIELD POST OFFICE CANCELS - SPECIAL CATALOGUE
- Author: Octavian Tăbăcaru (Prof. Ing) / Brașov, Romania.
- summarizing: 40+ years of study and collector's experience, and a study carried on more than 80,000 pcs. of K.u.k. fieldpost cards mailed from all fronts, including Albania, Bosnia, Belgium, Dalmatia, France, Greece and the Balkan Front, Italy, Montenegro, Palestine, Poland, Romania, Russia, Serbia, Turkey, Ukraine - used by the Army or the Kriegsmarine in the Gulf of Cattaro, on the Danube, on the Black or Adriatic sea, in the Far East missions, in the Helgoland and the Jutland battles, in Gallipoli, etc.
- printed: MAY 2016.
- format: B5 (25,5 x 17, 5 cm), in full colours.
- size: 998 pages, organized in 3 volumes; 12 coloured covers (inner, outer)
- language: integrally bi-lingual, Romanian and English.
- class: Magnum Technicolor Opus.
- catalogue listed positions: 3,971.
- valuations: yes - in value points.
- illustrations: each item is illustrated in the catalogue.
- details: varieties and errors included with the cancel types.
- printed output: 60 copies (10 black/white + 50 in full colours), Author's edition, ISBN.
- extra: one extended A3 map (reproduction of a 1894 military map) with the Army Corps and Regimental recruitment areas, processed Regiment locations table and sign translations included.
Optional: 8,000 + images available, comprising illustrative and documentary material, see below.
The catalogue is offered on paper or/ and on a memory stick - easy to consult on a cell phone, a tablet or a laptop when away from home, since the number FPOs are organized in files of 10 FPOs each for your quick reference.
NOTE - upon demand, personalized variants may be offered on memory stick, please contact me for details.
The catalogue may be ordered or pre-ordered, according to the following offers:
CHOICE 1- The catalogue printed on paper - 112 Euro (plus PP, see below).
or - any volume, ordered separately = 40 Eur / Volume
CHOICE 2- The catalogue on a memory stick only - 55 Euro (plus PP, see below)
or - any volume, ordered separately = 20 Eur / Volume
CHOICE 3- The catalogue on paper and on a memory stick - 157 Euro (plus PP, see below).
or any other combination - please ask the Author (please use the button CONTACT at top)
CHOICE 4- Both the first catalogue (2013 - Vol. 1, 2, - Postcards, 2017 - Vol. 3 - Other postal objects) and the second catalogue (2016 - Vol. 4, 5, 6, fieldpost office cancels) on a memory stick - 99 Euro (plus PP).
CHOICE 5- Both catalogues on paper (Volumes 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6) - 225 Euro (plus PP)
CHOICE 6- Both catalogues on paper and on memory stick, - 315 Euro (plus PP)
CHOICE 7- Both catalogues on paper and on memory stick plus the optional COLLECTOR'S INVEN- TORY BOOKLET (see below) - 320 Euro (plus PP)
OPTIONAL: THE COLLECTOR'S INVENTORY BOOKLET - a list organizer for all cancels - 52 pages, 100 x 120 mm) - 10 Euro (plus 5 Euro for PP costs, worldwide). NOTE: only 1 pce. still availabe.
POSTAGE AND PACKING (PP):
REGISTERED AIR MAIL - up to 2 kilos: - to Europe = 30 Euro
- to other destinations = 40 Euro
PARCEL POST (over 2 kilos) - to Europe = 55 Euro
- to other destinations = 60 Euro
MEMORY STICK only (Registered air mail, worldwide) = 6 Euro
(The postage fees may be consulted on the site www.posta-romana.ro)
that, if you choose to pay by PayPal, 5% extra fees will be due for transfer & Interbanking.
Alternatively, WesternUnion or direct deposits into my IBAN account are also possible (please contact me for the postal address or account details) at no extra fees.
All catalogues will be autographed and shipped in an air-bubble protective package.
If you are interested in several copies, please kindly let me know so you may take the advantage of a personal discount.
In the PICTURES section at the top of this page you may browse through more than 150 pages of the catalogue in order to gain an educated image on it - and, in case you prefer that, you may also download and browse them on your computer.
I would welcome all your mails, even if for suggestions or asking for other details; I will be most happy to answer everyone and all.
Please help by spreading the information around, this is a valuable book and worth being known about.
Remember, even Gutenberg's Bible or other rare books may exist in more copies than this catalogue:-)
Just order it, pass it down to to the next generation and you will have left them a small fortune:-)